Self Reflection on The EE

Reflective Essay:

The exploratory essay on Sigmund Freud’s lectures and Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Black Cat” was intended to be written for critical thinkers. Whilst it was very foggy outside and there were no hints of sunshine, I thought it was the best time to go in depth with “The Black Cat”. The narrator that I was writing about was like smoke and cinnamon in the Fall season today. The latter seemed like Freud’s concepts and how it stressed the understanding of the narrator’s mentality. It was intense. Much of the connections I made while writing this essay could have been critically considered by other readers. I was determined to cultivate a variety of viewpoints in such a way that even the audience won’t be in opposition and would seem to comprehend.

The process of generally putting together my exploratory essay wasn’t so difficult but systemizing Freud’s psychological concepts and stances into each paragraph was tricky. It was not easy to develop stances as associated with the psychological concepts I chose. In consideration to psychoanalysis, it was vital that I understood the mechanisms of both Freud and Poe. Freud’s lecture was very informative whilst “The Black Cat” was more like horror fiction. Although the genres were slightly different, their teachings are similar and can be utilized very well when it comes to psychoanalyzing an individual.

Organization and focus had a major impact on my body paragraphs. I was successful in assimilating Freud’s psychological concepts and also form 3 points to satisfy the concepts. Most essentially, I maintained a level of focus while critically analyzing Freud’s lectures and Poe’s “The Black Cat”. Introducing both works and then cultivating my stances using much support into the body was a crucial part in composing my essay. The quotes that I chose were relevant in regards to the connections, concepts, and my points.      

The mechanisms of my exploratory essay had overall satisfied the genre, audience, and even the purpose of Freud’s lectures and Poe’s “The Black Cat”. What influenced my paper the most was my authentic word choice, a maintained level of focus, and organization throughout each paragraph. Understanding why an individual gets anxious and commit to doing what they do was also vital whilst composing my work. My beginning drafts seemed to just jump into conclusions and I knew I had to always think critically while writing so that I may gain an audience with viewpoints that vary as well.